Head of School for Empower International Academy – Uganda
The successful candidate for the Head of School position will possess these qualifications:
- Extensive educational experience as a teacher and manager within a school setting.
- Previous experience as a school leader, ideally in an international setting
- Previous experience of setting up a school is desirable
- Teacher Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Masters in Educational Leadership or similar preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics:
- An inspiring and purposeful leader who models a personal commitment to Christ and Bible-based Christian living and inspires others to Christian commitment and faith
- Ability to work with the Development Committee to set up and manage all aspects of an international secondary boarding school
- Ability to organize and lead a complex, multi-cultural educational institution
- Strong effective communicator with the ability to project and market a positive and compelling image of the school
- A strategic thinker who can work with the school’s Governing body to create policies and procedures, plan ahead and monitor progress, ensuring the growth of the school while complying with all legal requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with international curricula in building educational growth and excellence
- Proven ability to oversee all aspects of a complex and evolving organisation ensuring the school’s long term sustainability, financial viability and adherence to its mission and vision
- Experience in recruiting, training and developing, and retaining a range of staff
- Ability to perform effectively in each of these areas:
- Overseeing the finances of the school including creating an annual budget and monitoring and controlling expenditure accordingly.
- Writing policies and procedures
- Ensuring that best practice in all aspects of teaching and learning is followed, to ensure holistic student growth and academic excellence, including creating a comprehensive induction program for students as needed.
- Providing strong safeguarding measures to ensure that the students are safe and protected from abuse
- Overseeing the managing and monitoring of staff and faculty performance through consistent, goals-based supervision and appraisal
- Creating a strong emphasis on the spiritual life of the students through weekly Chapels, daily devotions, teaching the Bible and integrating biblical truth into all aspects of learning
- Providing a strong emphasis on the performing arts within the school curriculum
- Providing appropriate Professional Development to staff to ensure continued growth
- Overseeing the school environment and resources, including the provision of information technology, to maximize student learning and performance.
- Creating effective methods of communication between the Board, the staff, the faculty, the students and the parents
The successful candidate will be required to be:
- A committed Christian
- A model of integrity
- An excellent communicator
- Multi-culturally competent
- Resilient and hardworking
- Self-motivated with initiative
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, encouraging and enabling
- Assertive and able to create boundaries when needed
- Able to work under pressure
If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EIA – Head of School Position” in the subject field.