Part-Time Event Coordinator – Langley, BC
Christian non-profit organization, Music for Life Institute, home of the internationally acclaimed African Children’s Choir™, is currently seeking a Part-Time Event Coordinator. This position is part of a dynamic team that experiences the joy of working behind the scenes to help Africa’s most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow.
This position is responsible for arranging concerts and communicating event details via telephone and written correspondence.
The Event Coordinator will take responsibility for:
- Booking of Choir concerts in North America
- Develop strategy for contacting potential hosts in assigned territory based on tour route, information from prior events, and new leads
- Contact via phone or email potential hosts to inform them of dates available for performances in their area
- Accurately articulate the purpose, mission and vision, history and current projects of Music for Life
- Schedule performances according to booking guidelines
- Inform hosts of the obligations of hosting the choir
- Reliable resource for hosts; answering questions and concerns between the date of booking and the detail call
- Manage time, date, and venue changes, keeping Detail Coordinator and Publicity Coordinator informed of approved changes
- General Responsibilities
- Develop a calling strategy at the beginning of every week and submit on Weekly Strategy sheet for approval
- Enter all new contacts as constituents in Raiser’s Edge according to booking manual
- Keep database updated by ensuring constituent information is correct
- Research and find new constituents as necessary
- Keep a log of every church contacted and submit weekly
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to think strategically, plan ahead, and problem solve by thinking outside the box
• Ability to negotiate
• Be willing to work hard in a time-sensitive, fast-paced atmosphere
• Be a good manager of time and resources; able to multi-task
• Have experience using a variety of word processing and database computer software
• Excellent internet skills
• Detail oriented, able to keep good records
• Must have no fear of making decisions and sticking to them
• Must not be intimidated by strong personalities
• Must be able to articulate and enforce Music for Lifes’ policies and procedures
• Ability to motivate
• Friendly, outgoing nature and good people skills
• Ability to “reason” people over to your way of thinking
• Be a clear communicator
If you think you’re a strong candidate for this position, but you’re concerned you don’t have all of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway. A willingness to take initiative in learning will be considered an asset in areas where strong candidates may have gaps in knowledge or direct experience – tell us in your cover letter how you plan to build your knowledge and apply transferable skills.
This is a part-time position working in our Langley, British Columbia office. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Event Coordinator” in the subject field.
Please note: You must be authorized to work in Canada to apply for this position i.e., a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or hold a valid work permit that allows you to work for any employer.