Full-Time — Langley, British Columbia
Christian non-profit organization, Music for Life Institute, home of the internationally acclaimed African Children’s Choir™, is currently seeking a Full-Time Donor Services Representative. This position is part of a dynamic team that experiences the joy of working behind the scenes to help Africa’s most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for providing Customer Service to Donors and Sponsors via telephone and written correspondence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Responding to Donor inquiries
- Web inquiry responses
- Processing monthly donations
- Writing Donor acknowledgment letters
- Creating and updating data records
- Delinquent sponsorship status notification and follow-up
- Gift matching coordination
- Previous Customer Service experience an asset
- Ability, confidence and professionalism to communicate with Donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative, able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- A positive and flexible can-do attitude, resourceful with problem-solving skills.
- Must take direction easily, be well organized, and display initiative by helping to improve job functions.
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office Suite (you must be comfortable with complex mail merges from a database, and with being able to sort and print letters in specific orders).
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
If you think you’re a strong candidate for this position, but you’re concerned you don’t have all of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway. A willingness to take initiative in learning will be considered an asset in areas where strong candidates may have gaps in knowledge or direct experience – tell us in your cover letter how you plan to build your knowledge and apply transferable skills.
This is a full-time position (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) working in our Langley, British Columbia office. If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Services” in the subject field.
Please note: You must be authorized to work in Canada to apply for this position i.e., a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or hold a valid work permit that allows you to work for any employer.