Why Empower International Academy
Africa’s future depends on the next generation of Christian leaders, yet across East Africa, able and talented young people do not have access to a quality education. Those who are fortunate enough to attend secondary school receive a substandard education due to the lack of resources, poor teaching methods, and outdated curriculum.
We believe a high standard education, mentorship, discipleship and character development is the best investment we can make to create exponential positive change in the lives of individuals, families, communities and countries. Our hope is to set a standard of excellence for other schools to model so they can modify curricula and teaching methods to create progressive learning environments.
Many of the problems facing East African communities stem from the lack of affordable high-quality education.
The focus on primary literacy programs and basic education has significantly increased adult literacy percentages, but the majority of the population lack the appropriate education and training needed to compete for high-paying jobs and to help contribute to innovative approaches to societal improvement and economic development.
A shift toward a globally competitive education system with sustainable scholarship and fee structures will lead to long-term fundamental change and will empower local citizens to capitalize on emerging economic development.
Secured & Pledged Funding (construction & infrastructure):
$750,000 USAID Grant
$280,000 Ministry partners
$339,139 Individual donors
$15,000 Computer lab equipment
$53,800 Operating costs
$256,200 Additional girls dorms
$235,291 Additional boys dorms
The proposed secondary school is a joint project between Empower African Children (EAC) and Music for Life (MFL) that will accommodate up to 400 students, all of whom are envisaged to be boarding students.
Empower International Academy is a secondary-level boarding school with the vision of realizing the promise of Africa’s youth by providing education and personal development based on the following values:
- Christian Character: Developing students’ worldview based on a Christ-centered foundation that creates a desire to seek truth in Jesus and make disciples.
- Education Excellence: Creating critical thinkers and problem solvers who possess the knowledge and abilities to compete globally.
- Creative Expression: Promoting creativity in the pursuit to worship God through self-discovery and the development of talent and ability
- Building Community: Creating a harmonious environment through servant leadership on campus that can extend to families, communities, and beyond.
- Communication: Creating excellent communicators with the ability to speak and write with fact-based reasoning to contend with the world in an influential manner.
- Future Authoring: Focusing students on life goal development and planning to orient and author direction that will lead to the fulfillment of their God given purpose.
Since 1984 Music for Life has been educating children in need through the construction of school campuses and child sponsorship. The African Children’s Choir Primary School, our flagship primary boarding school, is located in Uganda and is home to the children who have toured in our Choir program. Construction of this facility began in 2008 and it is currently a thriving campus with over 110 students. At the African Children’s Choir Primary School, we provide not only a first-class education but one that encourages personal development, empowering the children to become well-rounded leaders.
This new secondary school will support our mission to provide quality education, leadership skills and character development needed throughout a student’s secondary academic career.
Personnel & Partners Involved in Preliminary Stages of the Project
*This form accepts payments in US dollars.