1. The information we collect
MFLI will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, and contact details so we can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the MFLI Store, when you register for conferences, events or as a member of a team, and when you participate in MFLI activities or complete other forms. Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit the MFLI website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. MFLI will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
2. How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your involvement with MFLI, including providing you with newsletters;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from MFLI;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist us to make the MFLI services and products more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate MFLI and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- to different parts of MFLI to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist the wider community.
- You can contact MFLI at any time to have your name removed from any list that may be used as mentioned above.
3. Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that MFLI holds about you by contacting MFLI. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. At any time, you may contact MFLI to have your personal information removed from our records deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practical.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
MFLI will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, MFLI cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.
6. Contacting us
7. Board of Directors
- Raymond R. Barnett, Canada
- Suzanne M. Nelson, USA
- Max Clements, Netherlands
- Charlotte Diorio, USA
- Bertie Hunter, UK
- Alex Palmer, Canada
- Gordon Tonn, Canada
8. International Executive Team
- COO, Rheanne Lechkobit (Email Rheanne)
- Director of African Operations, Sally France (Email Sally)
- Chief Creative Officer, Julia Barnett-Tracy (Email Julia)
- Business Manager, UK, Sylvia Callister (Email Sylvia)
9. Financial Information
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2020 Form 990
- 2019 Form 990
- 2018 Form 990
10. Regulatory Information
In the United States, Music for Life Institute is a registered public charity that has been granted tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Our EIN is 31-1746269.
In Canada, Music for Life Institute is a registered charity having been granted tax-exempt status by the Canada Revenue Agency. Our charitable registration number is 873208664RR0001.
In the United Kingdom, Music for Life is a registered as a charity in England and Wales with the Charity Commission. Our charity number is 1090556.